BEGINNING AGAIN


It's hard to believe that it's June already and the flowers are blooming on the trees once again.  What's even harder to believe is that I haven't posted here since like November…November?!?!?!  Shit…I've been slacking!  Okay, in my defense I've been a bit busy with school.  Back in the Fall I posted that I have been attending the PrairieView School of Photography for their Diploma in Professional Photography.  It's been a hectic 10 months and it's unbelievable how much I have learned in such a short amount of time.

On the night before my first class at PrairieView I took my very first DSLR camera out of it's box (a Nikon D7100).  I had no idea what I was doing with it - I knew how to take a photo on "AUTO" mode, but that was about it.  Thinking back to that day, I realize how far I've come.  Although I'm still not sure if I am a very good photographer, I know that I now have the knowledge and tools now that I can use to improve my photography and take it to the next level.  And for that, I am truly grateful.

In about a week I will graduate with my Diploma in Professional Photography, and I can't even say how happy I am to have made it through such an intense and challenging program of study.  Honestly, there were times I wanted to quit (probably at least once a week).  There were times I cried (probably at least twice a week - seriously).  But I kept pushing myself to do the best that I could…even through the times when I thought I couldn't push any more…and some how I've made it through.

Now that school is coming to a close, I hope to get back to updating this blog more frequently.  I'm not committing to any posting schedule (as it's summer and I hope to get outside photographing and riding my bike a lot), but I will be updating this space on a more semi-regular basis.  (What the hell is "semi-regular"?!…Who knows…but that's what I'm gonna call it.)  Anyways, I hope you will check back for updates as I will be sharing some of my photography and other new, fun things soon!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back at it, congrats on finishing school! Photography is one area I would love to be better at so I will be checking out your posts as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daphne! I'm so glad to hear from you - Yes, I'm done school!!!! It's very exciting - I can't wait to get my diploma in hand! I have been on a hiatus from blogging and from life really - Photography school was a 7 day a week job and I had no time for really anything else. But sometimes we have to make sacrifices for the things we want, and it's all been worth it to get my diploma. I have been following your blog and I'm hoping to catch up on some blog post reading soon! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Sara! Congratulations on finishing at Prairie View School. That's so exciting. I'd love to hear more about it, and can't wait to see your casual postings over the Summer.

    Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog yesterday. It's been so great getting to know you through our blogs. I hope we can meet in person someday.

    Wishing you a wonderful graduation.

    Cheers,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Amy! I'm so thankful that we met too - We will definitely have to plan a time to meet in person someday! :)

      Delete